New build residential development involving the creation of 6 single family dwellings
MSK Design was approached by a developer prior to purchasing the site to carry out a feasibility for development.The client’s requirements was simple, he wanted as many houses as possible focussing on a traditional build that could be marketed to families seeking for a minimum of 3 bedroom dwellings, which was his target demographic.
MSK managed this development from inception to completion, including full design package, coordination of specialist consultants, tender management, contractor selection, drafting of contracts, design and installation of utilities, preparation of showhouse for marketing, project programming, management of contracts, valuations, snagging and handover.
Obtain Planning Permission and Building Control approval to demolish 2 single family dwellings into a terrace block of 6 single family dwellings. Provide full architectural, contract management and interior design services. Undertake Party Wall Agreements. Prepare construction detailing for all works on site. Contract administrator.
Project Brief:Develop a site originally occupied by 2 single family dwellings maximising development potential.
Undertake stages 0-7 of the RIBA Plan of Work.
- Strategic Definition, Preparation and Brief, Concept Design, Developed Design, Technical Design, Construction, Handover and Close Out, In Use.
- Survey site for spatial planning and building control purposes
- Generate spatial design concepts addressing clients requirements, develop design in accordance with client’s needs and budget
- Obtaining planning approval for all works carried out.
- Obtaining building control approval for all works carried out.
- Provision of full construction drawings including structural detailing and fit out detailing.
- Manage and coordinate tender process to identify a suitable contractor
- Draft contracts
- Carry out inspections and valuations for payment
- Monitor quality of works, oversee setting out of interior fixtures fittings and installations.
- Handover for occupation