Friars Avenue comprises of a two-storey rear and side extension to a semi-detached family home in Whetstone, London. The client’s found themselves in a common position of having separate living and dining spaces and a small kitchen, all disconnected from one another. The brief was to extend to the rear and side and remodel the rear of the property to create a large open plan kitchen, living and dining space. The existing garage to the rear allowed us to create an L-shaped extension on the ground floor, with dual-aspect bi-folding doors out onto a private terrace area. An additional first floor bedroom and bathroom were required to cater for the young, growing family’s needs.
Obtain planning permission and Building Control approval for a part single, part two storey rear and side extension to a family dwelling.
A part single, part two storey side and rear extension, with provisions for:
- An open plan kitchen, living and dining area to the rear
- Utility room
- Retention of existing garage
- Additional bedroom
- Additional first-floor bathroom
RIBA work stages 0-4
- Design inception, concept design, design development, technical design.
- A site survey of the existing property and site
- Generate design concepts addressing the client’s requirements and planning policy
- Obtaining planning permission for works carried out
- Obtaining building control approval for works carried out
- Full construction drawings and design, including structural detailing
- Party wall agreement with unattached neighbour