Residential Part Single Part Two Storey Extension, Excavation Of New Basement, Creation Of Knife Edge Terrace With Hidden Underground Garden Room, Green Wall, Terraced Landscaped Garden, Refurbishment To A High-End Level With Home Automation And Provisions For A Modern Single Family Dwelling.
Obtain planning permission and Building Control approval to extend and refurbish a large family dwelling. Provide Interior design and structural design services. Assist with Party Wall Agreement matters. Prepare construction and fit out detailing for all works on site including details for bespoke furniture and fixtures.
Extend and refurbish a large residential dwelling to a ‘high-end’ standard with provisions for:
- 3 Large Double Bedrooms,
- 1 Master Bedroom Suite with Walk-in Wardrobe, Dressing Area, Master Bathroom and Private Gym.
- Cinema Room,
- Large Games Room for Ping Pong Table,
- Wine Cellar,
- Dedicated Utility Room,
- Roof Terrace,
- 2 Living Rooms (formal and informal),
- 2 Dining Rooms (formal and informal),
- Terraced garden, landscaped with planting scheme for all seasons
- Enlarged terrace at ground floor level operating and an ‘inside-outside’ space with the informal living area, and knife edge effect to garden taking advantage of the topography of the garden.
- Discreet bicycle parking integrated into a green wall
Interior design that promotes a ‘lifestyle’ space supporting modern living demands in a timeless manner. This addresses use of materials, fixtures, fittings, furnishing, heating and cooling concepts, audio visual, home automation for lighting, heating and security.
Landscaping works to include a weaving staircase running to the lower level of the garden, which is sloping taking on the form of an ancient river. Works included planting schemes for all seasons, irrigation and rainwater harvesting systems.
Design for mechanical and electrical installation includes bespoke design and installation of discreet air-conditioning systems, underfloor heating and a plant room that includes twin boilers, water tanks and variable speed pumps to control and guarantee the pressure and flow of water across the building at any time of the day for any demand.
RIBA work stages A-M
- Design inception, development, implementation, management, completion and post completion services.
- Survey site for spatial planning and building control purposes
- Generate spatial design concepts addressing clients requirements, develop design in accordance with client’s needs and budget.
- Obtaining planning approval for all works carried out.
- Obtaining building control approval for all works carried out.
- Provision of full construction drawings including structural detailing and fit out detailing.
- Monitor quality of works, oversee setting out of interior fixtures fittings and installations.
- Project management of all works from design to completion.
- Managing and overseeing post completion tasks during 12 months defects period.