Hemington Avenue comprises of a rear extension to a double-fronted detached family home in Finchley, London. The property had previously been extended to the rear but was disconnected from the garden. The client’s brief was to remodel and extend the rear of the property, creating a large open plan kitchen, living and dining area that extends out onto a raised terrace with views of the garden through Crittal-style doors. Large flat rooflights and glass doors dividing the hallway and open plan area, bring natural light into the deep into the property and offer views through the house and out on to the garden from the moment you enter from the street.
Obtain planning permission and Building Control approval for a single storey rear extension and raised terrace with basement storage area.
Project Brief:A rear extension, with provisions for:
- An open plan kitchen, living and dining area to the rear
- Utility room
- Associated internal alterations
- Concept design of built-in storage, kitchen, utility room and living space
- Reposition of boiler / plant to lower basement
- Raised terrace area accessed from the rear extension, with steps accessing the lower garden area
RIBA work stages 0-4
- Design inception, concept design, design development, technical design.
- A site survey of the existing property and site
- Generate design concepts addressing the client’s requirements and planning policy
- Obtaining planning permission for works carried out
- Obtaining building control approval for works carried out
- Full construction drawings and design, including structural detailing